Posted on November 22, 2018
Location: Maple Ridge, BC
AdvanTec Industrial is seeking a strong, people focused leader to join our team as ASME Foreman. As the ASME Foreman, you will lead a large team of Welders and Fabricators in our large Fabrication facility in Maple Ridge, BC. You will be responsible for all aspects of your team members experience with us including hiring, coaching and development as well as ensuring administrative functions for HR, Payroll and Production are completed.
As ASME Foreman, you will have the opportunity to build and implement structure and processes within the department to make it your own and help AdvanTec grow to become a leader in the industry.
Essential Functions for this role are:
- Provide leadership and supervise a large team of Tradesmen and trades-women
- Ensuring team members are following abiding to OHS and AdvanTec safety procedures
- Ensuring all projects are completed to quality standards, efficiently and on time
- Maintaining work standards and outlining behavioral expectations to team members to ensure productivity
- Translating general work requirements into a prioritized work plan for the employees and delegating tasks
- Lead by example in a way that results in a safe, productive and positive work culture
If you have the following skills, then we want to hear from you!
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a qualified competent tradesperson
- 3-5 years’ experience with ASME pressure vessels and piping as a Welder or Fabricator
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing a team of tradesmen and tradeswomen
- Red Seal in Welding and or Fabrication
- ASME Supervisor Certification is an asset
- Extensive Knowledge of the ASME Code
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain a positive attitude
- Strong knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety legislation
- Strong ability to lead and motivate a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to coach and team employees to assist in their development
- Strong ability to stay organized and delegate work effectively
- Previous experience hiring Welders and Fabricators
- Your integrity is admired by those around you,
- You radiate positive energy and have an outgoing personality,
- You are driven and enjoy some autonomy in a position,
- You are interested in this role but also aspire to grow.
Who are we and why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is growing and there are opportunities to grow with the organization,
- Our full time employees are eligible for our RRSP matching program of up to 3% and we have a great benefits package,
- We value our employees and everyone has a voice in the organization,
AdvanTec offers competitive compensation packages, the rate of pay for this role will be based on experience & education. If you want to learn more about the organization, please visit our website at www.advantecglobal.com
If you think that you have what it takes and could thrive with this organization, then please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line of the email: 18-140 ASME Foreman & your name by December 31, 2018.
Thank you for your interest in AdvanTec Industrial. We thank all applicants in their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted