Posted on April 11, 2018
Location: Maple Ridge, Calgary
Advanced Flow Systems Inc. (AFS) is a Canadian & privately owned manufacturing organization with a 90,000 sq/ft facility located in Maple Ridge, British Columbia. AFS specializes in mechanical fabrication of innovate solutions for clients both domestically and internationally within the Oil & Gas, Mining, Clean Tech and Power Generation sectors. AFS relies on the skill set of its employees to provide innovative solutions to its unique customer base within these respective sectors.
Roles and Responsibilities
Works in a manufacturing environment with a team of assemblers and insulators and other professional trades, assembling large and small components in different projects.
Tasks & Duties
- Performs tasks involving physical labor and operate hand and power tools
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform general tasks as required in a manufacturing environment
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in a heavy industrial setting or previous experience doing assembly in a manufacturing environment.
- Be mechanically inclined with some experience working with power tools
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate and problem solve with supervisors and team members
Advanced Flow Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes women & minorities in trades. AFS offers competitive wages and benefit packages with access to an employee assistance program through our corporate health insurance provider & RRSP matching for its employees. Advanced Flow Systems Inc. is ISO 9001 & COR certified with a strong safety culture that places employee safety above all else.
Candidates must have reliable transportation. No bus or transit service available to our location