Director of Finance
Posted on December 7, 2018
Location: Maple Ridge, BC
AdvanTec Manufacturing is seeking an experienced and people-oriented Director of Finance to join our team. As the Director of Finance, you will oversee both the Marine and Industrial Finance Departments to implement processes, monitor and report on revenue and cash flow, assist in audits and mentor and develop a team of finance professionals.
In addition, you will sit on the Senior Leadership teams for both Marine and Industrial Divisions to issue reports, discuss budget tracking and participate in organization wide projects.
This role will require travel to our Gold Beach, OR and Robertsdale, AL locations.
Essential Functions for this role are:
- Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of both Marine and Industrial Finance departments
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures in alignment with corporate values and guidelines
- Assist in the development, implementation and management of financial and cash strategies
- Assist in the capital request and budgeting processes for the business units and roll-up to the AdvanTec company
- Assist with the issuance of financial information in the correct format and on time
- Review and approve all statutory filings for timely submission
- Monitor all open legal and compliance issues involving the business units
- Assist with the development and administration of defined control systems
- Ensure business unit’s compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Support Treasury in the arrangement of debt and equity financing in alignment with group policies
- Oversee the centralize transaction processing systems
- Actively participate as a member of both Marine and Industrial Leadership teams
- Be a culture champion for AdvanTec and lead by example to encourage a culture of collaboration, team work and accountability
If you have the following skills, then we want to hear from you!
- Degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- Minimum 5+ years experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment
- CPA Designation is required
- Proven experience leading and mentoring a team of financial professionals
- Experience with corporate banking, financial reporting, covenants and cash flow monitoring and reporting
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Experience with cost accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Excellent proficiency with Excel
- Ability to identify and manage risk and bring issues with the Leadership table with solutions on how to mitigate in advance
- Merger and acquisition experience is a strong asset
- Your integrity is admired by those around you
- You radiate positive energy and have an outgoing personality
- You are driven and enjoy some autonomy in a position
- You are interested in this role but also aspire to grow
Who are we and why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is growing and there are opportunities to grow with the organization
- Our full-time employees are eligible for our RRSP matching program of up to 3% and we have a great benefits package
- We value our employees, and everyone has a voice in the organization
AdvanTec Manufacturing offers competitive compensation packages, the rate of pay for this role will be based on experience & education. If you want to learn more about the organization, please visit our website at www.advantecglobal.com
If you think that you have what it takes and could thrive with this organization, then please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the email: 18-145 Director of Finance & name by January 4th, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in AdvanTec Manufacturing. We thank all applicants in their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted