Posted on August 27, 2018
Location: Maple Ridge, BC
AdvanTec’s Industrial Division, Advance Flow Systems, is seeking 2 Electrical Assemblers to join our team. As an Electrical Assembler at AFS, you will be apart of a close-knit, easy going team responsible for the installation and testing of electrical components within commercial trucks.
This is a fast-paced and dynamic role requiring someone flexible and willing to do what needs to be done to complete a job on time – whether that’s wiring a junction box or washing down the exterior of the truck.
Essential Functions for this role are:
- Completing basic electrical tasks in trucks including:
- oControl wiring,
- oChanging and installing devices,
- oPulling extra wire,
- oWiring junction boxes including lights and horn
- oInstalling batteries (12V)
- Some smaller gauge wiring in cabs of trucks may also be assigned
- Ensure the final product is clean and correct any discrepancies such as dust or dirt and ensure all electrical components work
If you have the following skills, then we want to hear from you!
- 1-2 years’ experience working with electrical and/or mechanical components
- Experience with truck or car wiring is an asset
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to main a clean and organized work environment
- Ability to work well as a member of a team, as well as an individual working alongside other team members
- Ability to be flexible to move from task to task as needed to complete the project
- Experience with troubleshooting such as electrical troubleshooting or reading schematics is an asset
- Previous experience using drills, electrical meters and electrical test equipment is an asset
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills within a fast-paced environment
- Team player who works well with others and brings a positive, outgoing attitude to the workplace
- Demonstrate excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Demonstrate an ability to work well in a team environment
- Able to influence and motivate employees within the business unit/s while holding them accountable to commitments
- Able to deal with difficult situations
Who are we and why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is growing and there are opportunities to grow with the organization,
- Our full-time employees are eligible for our RRSP matching program of up to 3% and we have a great benefits package,
- We value our employees and everyone has a voice in the organization,
AdvanTec Manufacturing offers competitive compensation packages, the rate of pay for this role will be based on experience & education. If you want to learn more about the organization, please visit our website at www.advantecglobal.com
If you think that you have what it takes and could thrive with this organization, then please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the email: 18-78 Electrical Assembler & your name by September 14, 2018.