Posted on November 9, 2018
Location: Maple Ridge, BC
AdvanTec Industrial is seeking an Estimator with hands on trade experience and superior organization and prioritizing skills to join our team in Maple Ridge, BC! As an Estimator you will work closely with Sales to determine which projects to quote and develop a plan of attack. You will spend you days developing competitive and lucrative quotes for AdvanTec through reviewing drawings, reviewing specifications, conducting material take offs, collecting labour estimates, determining costs and suggesting prices.
As an Estimator with AdvanTec, you are able to pay attention to the details without losing sight of the big picture. You are also able to prioritize your work to meet tight deadlines and work collaboratively with a variety of teams including Sales, Purchasing, Engineering and Production.
Essential Functions for this role are:
- Developing various types of estimates for project work from conceptual proposals and budgetary quotes, to detailed estimates for ongoing projects utilizing estimating tools including rate sheets, databases and spreadsheets
- Responsible for all aspects of the estimate including:
- Establishing the estimating scope of work;
- Preparing the estimate methodology and basis of estimate;
- Producing the overall estimate schedule; and
- Identifying all deliverables and interfaces with other disciplines
- Coordinating and monitoring input from Engineering, Procurement, Contracts, Quality and operations to ensure a timely completion
- Establishing the key parameters associated with the overall quality and accuracy of the estimate such as: equipment and material pricing, material take-off, BOM and other, and labour productivity
- Assembling final estimate packages
- Conducting detailed analysis of completed estimates including benchmarking against similar completed projects and reconciliation of completed estimate to prior estimates
- Producing comprehensive estimate review packages for company and client review including all cost inputs, markups and margins, discounts and assumptions
- Drafting customer proposals
- Conducting pre-proposal review meetings for projects quoted
- Maintaining appropriate backup and history of quote assumptions, exceptions, codes and calculations
- Participating in estimate vs. actual results review after projects are completed
- Offer suggestions for improvement and participate in team activities
If you have the following skills, then we want to hear from you!
- 3-5 years of experience in estimating within a manufacturing environment
- Diploma in Technologist and/or Engineering
- Strong Computer Skills with a proficiency in Excel
- Excellent attention to detail and able to complete high detailed tasks accurately within deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment is required, as is a solid sense of urgency and superior ability to manage time to deadlines and expectations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong documentation skills with a proven track record of backing up work with dates and details, assumptions and comments
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Experience working in a high pressure, dynamic environment
- Proven ability to remain composed and professional during high-pressure deadlines
- Detailed oriented and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Positive outgoing attitude; with a professional demeanor
- Your integrity is admired by those around you,
- You radiate positive energy and have an outgoing personality,
- You are driven and enjoy some autonomy in a position,
- You are interested in this role but also aspire to grow.
- Experience using AutoCAD is an asset
- Fabrication and Welding experience is an asset
Who are we and why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is growing and there are opportunities to grow with the organization,
- Our full time employees are eligible for our RRSP matching program of up to 3% and we have a great benefits package,
- We value our employees and everyone has a voice in the organization,
AdvanTec Manufacturing offers competitive compensation packages, the rate of pay for this role will be based on experience & education. If you want to learn more about the organization, please visit our website at www.advantecglobal.com
If you think that you have what it takes and could thrive with this organization, then please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the email: 18-119 Estimator & your name.
Thank you for your interest in AdvanTec Industrial. We thank all applicants in their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted