Posted on January 30, 2019
Location: Maple Ridge, BC
Do you consider yourself an AutoCAD guru? Do you like turning basic sketches, into fully realized designs? Are you looking to launch your career at a company where you can make an impact and drive processes forward?
AdvanTec’s Industrial Division, Advanced Flow Systems, is on the hunt for a Draftsperson/ Designer with mechanical and structural design experience to join our Engineering Team. As the Draftsperson/ Designer, you will be involved in turning customer sketches into producible models and drawings for a variety of products – anything from enclosures to renewable energy modules. In addition, you will have the opportunity to have a voice in the development and continuous improvement of our design processes and make it your own.
Essential Functions for this role are:
- Using a strong competency in AutoCAD and SolidWorks to design components and assemblies of core AdvanTec products
- Preparing manufacturing drawings
- Using ERP system to prepare Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Actively participate in design reviews for core products including making suggestions on ways to improve efficiencies
- Setting up test documentation
- Collaborating closely with various departments including Sales, Service & Warranty, Supply Chain and Manufacturing
- Utilizing excellent communication to liaise with clients, consultants, contractors and vendors as required
- Using a mechanical aptitude to think about how products and processes work and make suggestions on ways to improve what we do
If you have the following skills, then we want to hear from you!
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a Draftsperson/ Designer producing designs and drafts of weldments for mechanical and structural systems
- Mechanical Engineering or Technologist Diploma
- Certificate in Computer Aided Design (CAD) or equivalent
- Strong team player who collaborates well on a team by sharing ideas and helping others
- Excellent communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels of our organization and clients
- Mechanical mindset – you like understanding how things work and thinking of small ways to make them better
- Ability to follow established processes and procedures
- Inquisitive mindset to see discrepancies and seek information to understand
- Strong ability to problem solve
- Experience in Architectural design is an asset
- Experience in the renewable energy industry is an asset
For all our roles, we also look for:
- Detailed oriented and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Positive outgoing attitude; with a professional demeanor
- Your integrity is admired by those around you,
- You radiate positive energy and have an outgoing personality,
- You are driven and enjoy some autonomy in a position,
- You are interested in this role but also aspire to grow.
Who are we and why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is growing and there are opportunities to grow with the organization,
- Our full time employees are eligible for our RRSP matching program of up to 3% and we have a great benefits package,
- We value our employees and everyone has a voice in the organization,
AdvanTec offers competitive compensation packages, the rate of pay for this role will be based on experience & education. If you want to learn more about the organization, please visit our website at www.advantecglobal.com
If you think that you have what it takes and could thrive with this organization, then please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the email: Draftsperson/Designer & your name. This role will remain open until filled.
Thank you for your interest in AdvanTec. We thank all applicants in their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted