Pressure Vessel Fitter
Posted on August 7, 2018
Location: Maple Ridge
Advanced Flow Systems is looking for a Fitter to work on our Pressure Vessels. We are looking for someone that is detail-oriented, good with numbers, and familiar with BCCSA specifications and guidelines. Working as part of a high energy and fast-paced team, you will be prepping stainless material, reading and interpreting blueprints with low tolerance and high accuracy, documenting heat number and ensuring their accuracy, and weld mapping.
Essential Functions for this role are:
- Fitting 304L stainless pressure vessels
- Must follow procedures in accordance to BCCSA specifications and guidelines
- Basic fitting; use of wedges and dogs
- Overhead crane work
- Fitting everything to 1/8th” open root
- Pass visual and hydro inspection of BCCSA specifications
- Reading/interpreting blueprints without supervision
If you have the following skills, then we want to hear from you!
- Must have at least 1 year of fitting experience
- PWP10 is considered to be an asset
- Must be familiar with jig work and be able to read blueprints
- Must have at least 6 months of TIG welding experience; open route and fit welding experience is an asset
- B-Level or Red Seal Fitter/Fabricator would be an asset
- Overhead crane experience is an asset
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Detailed oriented and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Positive outgoing attitude; with a professional demeanor
- You are driven and enjoy some autonomy in a position.
Who are we and why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is growing and there are opportunities to grow with the organization,
- Our full time employees are eligible for our RRSP matching program of up to 3% and we have a great benefits package,
- We value our employees and everyone has a voice in the organization,
AdvanTec Manufacturing offers competitive compensation packages, the rate of pay for this role will be based on experience & education. If you want to learn more about the organization, please visit our website at www.advantecglobal.com
If you think that you have what it takes and could thrive with this organization, then please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the email: 18-66 Pressure Vessel Fitter & your name by August 17, 2018.
Thank you for your interest in Advanced Flow Systems. We thank all applicants in their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted