Posted on May 25, 2018
Location: Maple Ridge, BC and Calgary, AB
Advanced Flow Systems Inc. (AFS) is a Canadian & privately owned manufacturing organization with a 90,000 sq/ft facility located in Maple Ridge, British Columbia. AFS specializes in mechanical fabrication of innovate solutions for clients both domestically and internationally within the Oil & Gas, Mining, Clean Tech and Power Generation sectors. AFS relies on the skill set of its employees to provide innovative solutions to its unique customer base within these respective sectors.
Roles and Responsibilities
The industrial sandblaster works in a paint and blast booth environment wearing proper safety equipment, using high-pressure equipment, steam or air, to clean and prepare surfaces on frames, pipes and/or parts.
Tasks & Duties
- Grinding, chipping, masking and prepping
- Clean parts using sandblaster
- Sets up, operates, and cleans sandblasting equipment, loads machine hopper with abrasives such as grit or shot
- Applies masking materials to protect designated areas from abrasive action Cleans the blasted material of any extra grit after completion of blasting
- Cleans welds after sandblasting surfaces
- Fills dents and grinding marks in metal surfaces
- Utilize basic hand and power tools
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 1 year of sandblasting experience
- Prior experience working in an industrial paint fabrication facility
Advanced Flow Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes women & minorities in trades. AFS offers competitive wages and benefit packages with access to an employee assistance program through our corporate health insurance provider & RRSP matching for its employees. Advanced Flow Systems Inc. is ISO 9001 & COR certified with a strong safety culture that places employee safety above all else.
Candidates must have reliable transportation. No bus or transit service available to our location