Welder Fitter (MIG and TIG)
Posted on November 15, 2018
Location: Maple Ridge, BC
At AdvanTec Industrial, we are seeking a responsible, reliable and experienced Welder Fitter to join our team. As a Welder Fitter, you will be involved in the production welding of standard and custom product. In addition, you will fabricate custom jigs and fixtures to create production arts to meet customer specifications, as well as fabricate metal structures.
This position will work on the Night Shift (Mon-Thurs, 2:45pm – 1:15am). The first 3-4 weeks of this role will be completed on Day Shift (Mon-Friday, 5:45am – 2:15pm) for training.
There is a $1.00 Shift Premium for Night Shift.
Essential Functions for this role are:
- TIG and MIG welding of aluminum, stainless steel and steel
- Using templates, temporary material, gauging devices and/or patterns to create materials joins
- Reading and following drawings and blueprints to set up, tack, and weld
- Completing all necessary preparation work such as grinding
- Completing all required paperwork for project documentation and inventory tracking
- Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
If you have the following skills, then we want to hear from you!
- Minimum 6 months’ experience with TIG and MIG welding of aluminum, stainless steel and steel
- Minimum B Level Ticket is required
- Experience with Fitting
- Experience with Open Root Welds is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of welding practices and techniques
- Able to read blue prints/ drawings and following instructions
- Strong team player who works well as member of a team and independently
- Positive attitude
- Reliable, dependable with a proven track record of good attendance
- Able to read and use a tape measure
- Able to manage multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Willing and able to take initiative
- Your integrity is admired by those around you,
- You radiate positive energy and have an outgoing personality,
- You are driven and enjoy some autonomy in a position,
- You are interested in this role but also aspire to grow.
Who are we and why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is growing and there are opportunities to grow with the organization,
- Our full time employees are eligible for our RRSP matching program of up to 3% and we have a great benefits package,
- We value our employees and everyone has a voice in the organization,
AdvanTec offers competitive compensation packages, the rate of pay for this role will be based on experience & education. If you want to learn more about the organization, please visit our website at www.advantecglobal.com
If you think that you have what it takes and could thrive with this organization, then please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the email: 18-124 Welder Fitter (MIG and TIG) & your name by December 3, 2018.
Thank you for your interest in AdvanTec Industrial. We thank all applicants in their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted